Speaking. ЕГЭ-2019. Comparing pictures.
Образец сравнения картинок
Task 4. Study the two photographs. In 1.5 minutes be ready to compare and
contrast the photographs:
• give a brief description of the photos (action, location)
• say what the pictures have in common
• say in what way the pictures are different
• say which of the seasons presented in the pictures you preferred as a child
• explain why
You will speak for not more than 2 minutes (12–15 sentences). You have to
1. There are two pictures in front of me.
2. I want to compare and contrast them.
3. To begin with both pictures show different seasons.
4. In the first picture you can see a girl with a snowman in the park, whereas in the second one there is a girl with balloons in the field.
5. Both pictures have a few things in common.
6. In both pictures we can see little girls of the same age.
7. One more similarity is that both girls are smiling. They seem to be happy.
8. Obviously, there are some differences between these two photos.
9. The first picture shows a cold winter day. /The first picture was taken in winter.
10. On the contrary, the second picture depicts a warm sunny day.
11. Another difference is that, the girl in the first picture is wearing warmer clothes than the girl in the second one.
12. Choosing from these two seasons, as a child I preferred summer because the weather is usually better. /As a child I preferred the season presented in the first picture as…
13. Also in summer I could spend more time outside.
14. That’s all I wanted to tell you about these two pictures.
1. In the first picture I can see people riding their bicycles. In contrast, people in the second picture are on the beach.
2. People in the first picture are spending their free time, and so do the people in the second picture.
3. One similarity which stands out is that people in both pictures seem to look happy.
4. One thing that picture A and picture B have in common is that they show happy people spending their free time.
5. One of the similarities between two pictures is that both families consist of four people.
6. The most obvious/important/apparent [ə'pær(ə)nt] similarity/difference (for me) between … and … is …
7. A striking similarity/ difference is…
8. Picture A and picture B (quite/ very/ really/ really quite) similar/ different, for example…
9. Picture A and picture B are (quite/ very/ really/ really quite) similar/ different in terms of (на основе; исходя из) …
10. People in both pictures have a lot in common, for example…
11. … and… don’t have much in common, but…
12. There are more similarities than differences between… and… For instance,…
13. The main similarity/ difference between… and… is…
14. The only difference/ similarity between… that I can see is…
15. In comparison to…,…
16. Compared to…,…
17. The most apparent difference/ similarity between… and… is…
18. … differs from… in that…
19. Neither… nor…
Фотографии взяты из открытого доступа Yandex. картинки
Study the two photographs. In 1.5 minutes be ready to compare and contrast the photographs:
· give a brief description of the photos (action, location)
· say what the pictures have in common
· say in what way the pictures are different
· say which picture is closer to your preference
· explain why